Like the same model from the previous generation, the MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC is based on an ATX form factor, yet this time MSI is using all the space available on the PCB. The Gaming Pro Carbon comes with RGB backlight underneath the PCH cooler and there are steel reinforcements on two PCIe slots. In general the layout is quite similar to the previous model, which means it has been equipped with three full-sized PCIe slots.
There are six SATA-III ports but only four of them have been angled. Apart from that you get two M.2 slots allowing the installation of differently sized SSDs. The first M.2 slot is placed in the middle of the motherboard and it’s compatible with 22110 units, while the second one is in the bottom area and it supports 2280 SSDs. Since this motherboard hasn’t been designed for overclockers, you won’t find any debug LED or onboard buttons for that particular purpose.
- Features a fully enclosed I/O area with a fully labeled I/O panel
- Extra 4-pin EPS connector. Totally 8+4 pin
- M.2 Shield also makes an appearance
- Cooling for high-performance NVMe drives
- Also touch base on DDR4 Boost
- DDR4 Boost they now offer better compatibility than ever before
- The largest memory QVL lists of any motherboard manufacturer.
- Improved VRM heatsinks, DDR4 Boost, Core Boost
- Intel’s Wireless-AC 9462 which compliments the Intel Gigabit LAN
- 8+4 pin EPS design that allows for 45 amps or 540 watts for the CPU alone
- Multiple RGB headers for the various standards
- Dual-BIOS is also available on this model along with BIOS Flasback+ and a clear CMOS button