GEFORCE RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD
The GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G represents the cutting edge of graphics card technology. The TU104 GPU of the RTX 2080 is built on the Turing architecture, utilises the new 12 nm FinFET manufacturing process in addition to GDDR6-VRAM to make for a significant leap forward in terms of speed when compared to the 10- series. The reason behind the name change to “GeForce RTX” lies in the deployment of Ray-Tracing Technology, this unlocks incredibly realistic lighting and shadow effects.
THE FEATURES OF THE GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 2080 WINDFORCE OC 8G AT A GLANCE
- Triple-fan cooler design with RGB-LED lighting
- High GPU base clock: 1.515 MHz
- Massive GPU boost clock: 1.710 MHz
- New generation of VRAM: 8 GB GDDR6
- Ultra-fast memory: 7.000 MHz (14.000 MHz effective)
- Memory bus bandwidth: 256 Bit
- High memory throughput: 448 GB/s
- Pure computational power: 2.944 CUDA Cores (Shader)
- Low TDP: TBA Watt
- Additional PCIe power connectors: 1x 8 Pin + 1x 6 Pin
- Display outputs: 3x DP 1.4, 1x HDMI 2.0b, 1x USB 3.1 Type C (VirtualLink)
THE COOLER DESIGN & CLOCK FREQUENCIES OF THE GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G
The GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G has a base clock of 1.515 MHz. When under heavy loads, the clock frequencies of the graphics chip increase automatically up to 1.710 MHz via GPU Boost 3.0. The innovative and incredibly fast GDDR6-VRAM is clocked at 7.000 MHz (14.000 MHz effective), meaning that the 8 GB of VRAM is sufficient for 4K-resolution gaming as well as making immersion in Virtual Reality a treat for the senses. In terms of the cooler design, an efficient triple-fan cooler design is utilised.