ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME Overview
Ready for AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors, the Republic of Gamers Zenith Extreme TR4 Extended ATX Motherboard from ASUS allows users to enjoy the benefits of customization and tuning, with controls made easily accessible for a strong DIY PC experience. It provides users with 5-Way Optimization, Aura Sync RGB, native SATA III, M.2, and U.2 support, 10 Gb/s USB 3.1, the UEFI BIOS, and more. This motherboard is designed to fit in Extended ATX (EATX) sized cases, supports the TR4 socket, the AMD X399 chipset, and is compatible with Windows 10 (64-bit).
The EATX form factor of the Zenith Extreme can support 128GB of DDR4 RAM, or 16GB in each of the eight 288-pin DIMM slots at memory speeds of 3200 (OC), 2800 (OC), 2666, 2400, and 2133 MHz. It also has a total of 6 x SATA III 6 Gb/s ports, 2 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors that support Type 2242/2260/2280/22110 PCIe 3.0 x4 SSDs, 1 x M.2 Socket 3 connector that supports Type 2242/2260/2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 and SATA SSDs, and 1 x U.2 port.
There are also a total of eight USB 3.0 Type-A ports, one USB 3.1 Type-C port, and one USB 3.1 Type-A port, all at the back panel, as well as one USB 3.1 front panel connector, four USB 3.0 ports (mid-board), and two USB 2.0 ports (mid-board). For those looking to expand their system using PCIe, there are four PCIe 3.0 x16 slots (supports x16/x8/x16/x8), one PCIe 2.0 x4 slot, and one PCIe 2.0 x1 slot.
The Zenith Extreme does not contain any support for integrated graphics, meaning that users will need to purchase a compatible dedicated GPU of their choice. Once that GPU is installed, multi-GPU output is supported, with NVIDIA 4-Way/3-Way/Quad-GPU SLI technology and AMD 4-Way/3-Way/Quad-GPU CrossFireX technology.
Using the SupremeFX S1220 8-Channel HD audio codec, the Zenith Extreme delivers audio with high fidelity, which can also be output using the five integrated audio jacks or one S/PDIF output. ASUS’ Republic of Gamers Zenith Extreme is equipped with features such as Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, Fan Xpert 4, Sonic Studio III, Sonic Radar III, CPU-Z, a RAMDisk, and more. This motherboard is protected by a limited 3-year warranty.
- Powered by AMD Ryzen Threadripper TR4 processors to help maximize connectivity and speed with support for up to 128GB of DDR4 memory, three NVMe M.2 drives, front side U.2, and front panel 10 Gb/s USB 3.1
- 5-Way Optimization featuring Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 provides automatic overclocking profiles for maximum OC performance while AIO and water-cooling headers help deliver dynamic system cooling
- Built for fast networking featuring Gigabit LAN, WiGig 802.11AD Wi-Fi for future wireless VR, and includes the Republic of Gamers Areion 10GbE expansion card
- Four patent-pending SafeSlots feature an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs
- Personalization with LiveDash OLED and ASUS AURA Sync RGB lighting throughout the Zenith Extreme, including additional RGB headers (+1 addressable)
- Eight-channel HD audio with the Republic of Gamers SupremeFX S1220 driven by Japanese capacitors and featuring the ES9018Q2C High Definition DAC