Powered exclusively by 8th and 9th Generation Intel Core, Pentium Gold, and Celeron processors, the Prime Z390-P LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard from ASUS maximizes connectivity and speed with M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2, and ASUS OptiMem II for better DRAM overclocking stability. Additionally, 5X Protection III hardware-level safeguards with SafeSlot Core, LANGuard, and overvoltage protection provide component longevity and reliability, while FanXpert 4 with AIO Pump Header delivers advanced fan control for dynamic system cooling. SafeSlot Core and its fortified PCIe slots help prevent damage caused by heavy GPUs, and 8-channel HD gaming audio with the Realtek ALC887 codec provides immersive audio. The Prime Z390-P caters to daily users and content creators with well-rounded specs and features. Combining the benefits of Intel processors with essential ASUS design and engineering, the Prime Z390-P provides a wealth of options for performance tuning via software and firmware features. This motherboard is designed to fit in ATX sized cases, supports the LGA 1151 socket, the Intel Z390 chipset, and is compatible with Windows 10 (64-bit).
The ATX form factor of the Prime Z390-P can support up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM over four dual-channel slots, or 16GB per slot at speeds of 4266 (OC) 4133 (OC), 4000 (OC), 3866 (OC), 3733 (OC), 3600 (OC), 3466 (OC), 3400 (OC), 3333 (OC), 3300 (OC), 3200 (OC), 3000 (OC), 2800 (OC), 2666, 2400, and 2133 MHz non-ECC unbuffered memory. For storage, there are four SATA III 6 Gb/s ports and two M.2 Socket 3, with M key, one of which supports type 2242, 2260, 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 and SATA SSDs, while the other supports type 2242, 2260, and 2280 SATA and PCIe 3.0 x2 and SATA SSDs. When properly configured, RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10 are supported.
There are also two USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports (rear panel), two USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports (rear panel), four USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports (rear panel), two PS/2 ports (rear panel), two USB 3.1 Gen 1 connectors (mid-board) that support four additional USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, two USB 2.0 connectors (mid-board) that support an additional three USB 2.0 ports, and one COM port connector (mid-board). For those looking to expand their system using PCIe, there one PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 slot (x16 or x8+x4+x4), one PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 slot (max at x4 mode), and four PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1 slots.
For delivering sharp, clear graphics, this motherboard supports Intel HD Graphics with HDMI and DisplayPort outputs. HDMI supports a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160 at 30 Hz and the DisplayPort supports a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2304 at 60 Hz. Integrated graphics has access to up to 1024MB of shared memory and also supports Intel InTru 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD, and Intel Insider. For users looking to take advantage of multi-GPUs, the Prime Z390-P supports AMD CrossFireX technology. Using DisplayPort 1.2 MST (Multi-stream transport) compliance, up to three displays can be daisy chained together.
Using the 8-Channel Realtek ALC887 HD audio codec, the Prime Z390-P can support audio with higher fidelity than standard controllers. Audio can also be output using the integrated three 3.5mm audio outputs or S/PDIF output header. Included is an I/O shield, two SATA III 6 Gb/s cables, and two M.2 screw packages. This motherboard is protected by a limited 3-year warranty.
Tune It Your Way
- The Prime Z390 simplifies CPU overclocking with software and extensive tweaking options that give beginners and seasoned overclockers alike the tools to build well-tuned machines. A new memory trace layout provides stability and compatibility for both traditional DIMMs and RGB-infused memory, letting you pair a broad choice of DRAM kits with your build.
- EPU – All-Round Energy Efficiency
- With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU), you’ll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away Mode, a smart setting that creates an energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
- Fan Xpert 4- Flexible Cooling Controls for Air or Liquid
- With the Prime Z390P, you have comprehensive controls over fans via Fan Xpert 4 or their UEFI BIOS. Whether you’re cooling with air or water, Auto Tuning Mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There’s also an Extreme Quiet Mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum, helping to keep your system whisper quiet when performing light tasks.
Cool and Reliable
- The Prime Z390-P is designed for builders who want essential ASUS reliability and performance. More CPU cores create power delivery challenges, so the Prime Z390-P has extra power phases and comprehensive cooling features for improved performance.
- Cooler by Design
- The Prime Z390-P features comprehensive cooling controls, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
Multiple Temperature Sources
Each header can dynamically reference three thermal sensors, and via Fan Xpert 4 you can even map the temperature of supported ASUS graphics cards to optimize cooling for GPU and CPU-intensive tasks.
A dedicated PWN/DC header for self-contained water cooling setups.
4-Pin PWN/DC Fan
Each onboard header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
A dedicated integrated circuit protects each fan header from over-temperature and over-current.
- M.2 Speeds up to 32 Gb/s
- With PCI Express 3.0/2.0 x4 bandwidth, M.2 supports data transfer speeds up to 32 Gb/s. It’s a good choice for an operating system or application drive, providing fast access to data.
- Intel Optane Memory
- Intel Optane is a non-volatile memory technology supported by the Prime Z390-P. Intel Optane memory modules accelerate attached storage to reduce boot and load times, so everything feels faster and more responsive.
- 10 Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A
- With backward-compatible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A, you’ll experience connection flexibility and fast data transfer speeds of up to 10 Gb/s.
- ASUS Lightning Control
- With 5050 RGB strips connected to the RGB header, you can create your own stunning multi-color lighting displays with static, blinking, fading, and strobing effects. The RGB strip header supports 5050 RGB LED strips with a max power rating of 3A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 9.8′ / 3.0m. RGB LED strips are sold separately.
Realtek ALC887 8-Channel HD Audio
- Audio Shielding
- Separates analog/digital signal domains, significantly reducing multi-lateral interference.
- Separate Layer for Left and Right Tracks
- Helps ensure minimal crosstalk between audio paths.
- Japanese-Made Audio Capacitors
- Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature, with high fidelity.
- Intel Z390 Chipset
- The Intel Z390 is a single-chipset design that supports Socket 1151 for 9th Gen and 8th Gen Intel Core, Pentium Gold, and Celeron processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the chipset provides a maximum of six USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, four USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, and 32 Gb/s M.2 and PCIe 3.0 lane speed support, for faster data retrieval. Intel Z390 also supports integrated-graphics, so you’ll enjoy the very latest in graphics performance.
- Ready for Socket 1151 for 9th / 8th Gen Intel Core, Pentium Gold, and Celeron Processors
- This motherboard supports Socket 1151 for 9th Gen and 8th Gen Intel Core, Pentium Gold, and Celeron processors, with integrated graphics, memory and PCI Express controllers to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, dual-channel (4-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great performance.